Gmail step 2 verification : People from worldwide are using Gmail accounts in their daily life. once after finishing Gmail SignUp Process In accessing Gmail account, A lot of people has a common obstacle that is abducting or stealing someone’s Gmail password. If someone does that, it means you are seriously in a trouble. He / she can delete your Gmail account permanently or misuse that with sending wrong and harmful email to others or even reset your password to use it in your commercial fields.
Well, If you are included in the same list than this article is perfect to find out your solution. This process is optional but for the security purpose it is highly recommended. With the step 2 verification of Gmail security you can make your Gmail more secure. It makes more difficult to sign into your Gmail account by adding an extra coat of security. It is also known as two step authentication.Just simply follow the instructions or guidelines to enable your step 2 verification.
Gmail 2 step Verification
- Open your favourite browser, start a new tab and type in the search box “www.Gmail.com”.
- In the empty boxes, enter your username and password.
- Click “sign in” to log in to your Gmail account.
- After loading your Gmail account, in the right corner of the page find out the thumbnail of your avatar and click on it.
- A drop-down box will appear and here you will get an option “account”. Click on that option.
- You will land on the page of your account setting. Here in the left menu bar “security” option will be present.
- In the password section, there is an option of “2 step verification” with the choice of “set up”. Click on the “set up”.
- A new tab will open with the description of 2 step verification. Click on the option of “start setup” which is on the right side of the page.
Adding Mobile Number
- Type your mobile phone number in the empty box and select “text message (sms)” if you want to receive your codewith text message.
- Enter the code that you have received in your mobile number and click on “verify”.
- If you are turning on step 2 verification from a trusted device then check on the “trust this device” and proceed to next.
- Click on “confirm”. Now you have set up the 2 step verification for your Google account.
- Add a backup phone number, it will be more helpful if you don’t have access to primary phone number. Select the text message option and send the code.
- Enter the code which you have received in your mobile number.
- If the code is accepted than save it with the save button.
- You can print the verification code list and keep this with you.
This is how the 2 step verification is done for your Gmail account. This is a very simple process to keep your Gmail account secure.